Sunday, September 16, 2007

My schedule

My schedule is currently this:

Tomorrow I check out of my hotel and take the train into Tokyo. (I'm currently in Yokohama. Yokohama is to Tokyo as Cary is to Raleigh...except Yokohama is 5 times the area of Cary and 20 times the population.) In Tokyo, I'm going to the Ochanomizu Christian Center, where I'm told (by Mizuko-san) there is going to be a meeting of Japanese pastors...in Japanese. I have no idea how many (maybe just a couple), if I'll get to meet them, or maybe talk to them, or maybe speak to them, or what. Pray that I will be open to whatever God has for me there.

Of my adventures so far, I feel like God is showing me a few things hindering a big 'revival' here. First is the stronghold of Buddhism...not just that a lot of folks practice it...but an actual big bad spiritual thingy. Second is that there has been no acknowledgment, on a country wide level, of the atrocities (and I do use that word in the strongest way possible...please don't research the atrocities unless you are very prepared mentally) that have been perpetrated by Japanese in the past wars...and possibly before. Those I think are the big 2. I'll post more as God reveals things to me.

After the meeting tomorrow, I will travel out to a hotel near the airport. There I will stay 2 nights and then fly home Wednesday! Yippee!!! Tuesday, I'll visit a shrine near my hotel...which I think has to do with the big bad spiritual thingy. More on that later.

--David

1 comment:

Judy said...

Hey.

I know you are excited to be able to come home. What an awesome journey you have been on.

I can't wait to see how God uses all of this in your future.