Friday, August 24, 2007

I made it!

After a 13 hour flight, I made it and I'm in the hotel. Fairly uneventful, except for sitting beside a lady on the airplane who had some *serious* mental issues...she keeps hearing voices that speak to her and tell her weird things. I gave her some scripture and prayed with her. I told her that God would show her the truth if she looked for it and He would quiet the voices in her head. I gave her my email address in hopes she'll send an email. Her name is Myint...a Burmese woman who live in Singapore.

Of course, I forgot my travel adapter for my laptop, so I had to go to Akihabara (luckily only one stop away) and buy a new one. I think this is the 3rd one I've bought over the years. I even remember the store to go to. :) If you go to the small shops near the train station, they try to rip off the tourists, so you have to go back a block or two. I saved 5 bucks.

Anyway, my day tomorrow is helping these folks: http://www.secondharvestjapan.org/index.php/eng_home
They help feed the homeless in the area. It should be interesting.

Thanks for all the prayers.

--David

3 comments:

Scott said...

What a great spiritual journey. I'll be praying for you. In particular, if the Lord wants you to come back after the month is over, that He'll make it obvious.

(Myint's problem could be entirely spiritual.)

doug said...

Wow, 13 hours! My new job is only 5 minutes from my house.

doug said...

You know that Amy and I had been out of church and away from God for years. Over the past 18 months God lead us back to church. We love where we are going. We have become involved in the children's ministry due to Carson. At my previous job things weren't good for me. Before I was totally dragged down, God sent an older lady to work there. She was always giving me scriptures and words of encouragement. At my new job God has placed me with a mentor that is nearly identical to the person that had helped me through my old job. Also, there are 4-5 ladies that work at my new school that go to our church. That just helps to keep my mind focused.